Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 3--Christmas Cards on a budget


And now, for the next line that I thought was adorable, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses. I think that it was the little houses and deer on this line (not shown in these cards) that got me.

We are all on a budget right?...of some sort and I have been trying to limit my paper craft items because, frankly, I could just buy and buy and never be able to use it all. I tried to be wise about my spending and what I need. I believe that I said yesterday, with all the Christmas lines being so incredible, I could buy it all and never use it all

For these 3 cards I used for these items: 1 12x12 piece of cardstock, 3 6x6 pieces of paper, 3 buttons, supply floss (leftover from my wedding flowers), 1 8.5 x11 white cardstock (which was for the punched sentiment journaling spot), stamps and ink. How important is this? Well, for someone on a budget, one could definitely do well by buying some cardstock, a 6x6 pad and using craft supply items to make a bunch of cards. The 6x6 pad alone, with 36 sheets could make a bundle of cards.

I won't go into the math because, well frankly, I hate math (LOL) but one could pretty much make 36 cards (or more) for 10-15 dollars depending on what/where you bought your items. I know that does not rival buying a cheapo box of premade cards at Target or Walmart, but these are handcrafted, special gifts that your loved ones will appreciate. I love to card make and scrap but I also love to be spendythrifty too! Love and Hugs. Lara

2 comments:

mborrero said...

adorable cards. You are reminding me I need to get started I am adding you to my blog thanks,

Melina

wendipooh13 said...

way to go and love how elegent those look!!! very pretty