Monday, July 5, 2010

Best Project EVER!






Ok, So here is the finished product...I mean project. I followed a tutorial from Christine Middlecamp that has taken well over a month to complete. Her tiny doily flowers are works of art. I was hooked after the first one.

I had an 8 1/2x11 shadow box that I had wanted to use so I made all 16 of the flowers and wanted to showcase the ones that would not fit in the box so I had bought a wooden frame from Michaels on clearance, and fashioned a little wall hanging for the remaining 4 flowers. That is currently hanging in my scrap room. I have not hung the otherone up yet, but plan to fine exactly the right place in our home for it.

Most of my flowers are very similiar to Christine's choices but some are quite a bit different. I did not want to go out and buy stuff when I have such an offering to choose from in my stash already. Good thing I had some of the same items though, because it made me happy to be able to produce something like hers, but it also forced me to look at my supplies in a different way, and I am telling you, my stash has brought a light to my creativity! Instead of going out and buying something, I am looking at what I have and thinking outside the box on how I can get a look without heading to the store.

I want to do this again. I love the little mini-creations, and they were so much fun to work on. I am almost sad that it is over but loved this project so much! Thank you Christine for producing such a wonderful project for us to follow along with! Be back later with other projects! Love and Hugs, Lara

10 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

oh my gosh that is totally gorgeous and love all the details and fun eye candy going on!!! very cool

Jacquie said...

This turned out MAGNIFICENT!

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome! Thank you for following along..I do hope to have another tutorial posted for the month of August..we'll just have to wait and see how my schedule goes this next month..lots on my plate :))

Jingle said...

Wow! This looks incredible! You really did a fabulous job with this!!!

jayne said...

Wow, this is incredible - just beautiful! Thanks for the peamail you sent me!

Sue Althouse said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. The Slice machine rocks! Wow, I love your project - absolutely gorgeous!

BabyBokChoy said...

You did a fantastic job with this!! What an awesome display!! Make another one and sell it for millions on ebay!!

Jill said...

Oh my GOSH! What a knockout project. It's amazing, seriously!

Unknown said...

Wow that is fantastic! It is truly a work of art!

mommy2alex said...

I followed your link from Christine's comments, hope you don't mind!
I love how your shadow box turned out! I've only completed 11 and am ready to get mine mounted, so glad that Christine posted about it again so I can peek at the examples.
Have a great day!