Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8, 1966


That is the day that my parents got married. 42 years ago. Wow, they are surely an inspiration to me. I made a layout the other night and I plan on posting it with this post later this evening that showcases them now. I love my parents and even though they live in Arkansas (which is 10.5 hours from MN), I feel really close to them. I think cell phones help. Heck I have even talked to them while they are out garage sale-ing on Saturdays and it almost made me feel like I was with them like so many times on Saturdays when they still live in MN. Dad driving, old-time music on the background, them looking for garage sale signs, turing around in driveways to go back the "other" way, talk about the finds, loaning each other a quarter or a dollar to get this or that. Listening to their affectionate banter that has been perfected over the past 42 year. Congratulations Mom and Dad, you truly are an inspiration to me and my marriage! Love you! Love and Hugs, Lara

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

Yes!!! JUNKING with Mom and Dad is a great time huh?

Alecia Wolfford said...

WOW, that is AMAZING!! Congrats and Happy Anniversary to them!!

Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

Happy Anniversary to them, that is so cool they have been together for so long!!

Kristii said...

Congratulations to your mom and Dad!!! Happy Anniversary!! Love the layout-awesome layout for an awesome occasion!