Monday, January 24, 2011

Moxie Fab World's Monochromatic challenge

Back again, for part 5 of the Color Challenge for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week going on atMoxie Fab World. The challenge is Monochromatics.

Pinks are not my strong suit. I have a little in my stash, but mostly in the form of cardstock...which worked out for this challenge, but was hard for me, since I do not use cardstock on cardstock very often. I had to improvise with some stamps, which in an essence, got my to go outside my creative box a bit.

The colors:

Welcome Baby Card:

I was pretty proud of how this turned out. I used a Christmas crib stamp from Autumn Leaves, and cut out the little baby, and hand-drew a little bassinette and improvised a bit. I added stamped background to the bassinette for a little color. The netting is again, from Webster's Pages, and looks a little "peach" in the photo, but it adds a softness to the baby in the bassinette.

Supplies used: Cardstock: Bazzill; Stickers: Making Memories, Sassafras; Stamp: Label Tulip, Autumn Leaves; Netting: Webster's Pages; Die Cut: Top Note die from Stampin' Up; Ribbon: craft supply; Button: craft supply

Well, almost done. One more in the challenge to post. I am surprised that I finished this in enough time. Usually, I get the challenges done, and then do not get to the computer to post before a deadline. It was fun to do. TFL. Love and hugs, Lara

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lara! Thanks for entering the Monochromatics Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)