Friday, May 30, 2008

Thank Heaven for Fridays

So in the grand scheme of things, Fridays have always been my favorite day of the week. When I was a child, it was no school, as a teenager and young adult, it meant going out and having fun and no school, and as an adult-adult, it means no work for 2 1/2 days. Yes my friend, 2 1/2 days. I count the moment that I get out of work until 10pm on Sunday night as my weekend.

Now, granted in the last 20 years, I have worked on and off on weekends as nurses usually do, and in the past 1 1/2 years, I have worked weekends again. As this is my official weekend off, and have to work Saturday (to fill in for missing home nurse), I am putting a lot on this friday. I put a lot on every friday.

Friday night is my favorite. No work in the morning. Sometimes, I will stay up unusually late (2-3 am) scrapping or reading or watching tv and go to bed and pop up on Saturday am feeling great! I try not to cook on Fridays. I usually call it a "make-your-own" night or if I am feeling incredibly generous, I will spring for FF and make my lean and green for myself. Sometimes hubby and I will take an after work nap and that is usally relaxing too--that usually is for about 1 hour and the kids are playing, reading, being with friends, so it feels good to relax after work.

Hubby will do his own thing into the evening and I get my time. Uninterrupted and mine, all MINE. I usually do not schedule housework, homework, working out at the gym or work late on fridays. Occasionally, I end up running kids around, but am trying to reserve that time for myself on a regular basis. Like those fridays. Love them!

Tonight I have plans to clean up my scrap room,, reorganize my clipitup and perhaps make a layout or two or three. I also need to make some cards for at work. I need to make welcome, best wishes and more birthday cards. They love those at work and I like to have them on hand for my coworkers. I hope to set up a card box for all to use as needed. I do not want to charge anyone for the cards, but will take donations--only cause I do not make the envelopes and they usually cost. I think it is nice and goodwill-promoting hting to do here so I will keep it up!

Got to work the job now. Hope the day is a Fabulous Friday for everyone! Love and hugs.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Fridays are my favorite day of the week, too. I even have a theme song for it that my friend and I have been singing since high school. LOL! Glad you are reserving Friday as your time. You deserve it. When you are done organizing your space mine could use some help, too. Ummm...I guess...no?