Sunday, July 13, 2008

whipping out the layouts





Been working on a couple of layouts. I wanted to share them. The Wii one is for a challenge I did over at ScrapAttack Scrapbooking. It was for Wacky Holiday challenge. I chose the Video Game Day because anyone that knows out house, knows that there are ALWAYS video games being played here with loads and loads of teens. But, as I have always said, a house full of teens, always assures that I KNOW what my kids are up to and who they ar with. (kind of hard on the grocery budget but it is a small price to pay, I guess)

The other layout was for a challenge for "Peek-A-Boo", and my take on it was to use products that show a little bit from diecut products, ie. KI Memories lace paper. I did get the idea from my sweet sister who had a similiar layout published in Scrapbook Trends! Hers is incredible, mine is a lifT! So that is that.

Also did a wee bit of retail therapy...not in the form of Scrap supplies...the other form that I am liking a lot. CLOTHES! Yeah, after losing 60+ lbs, clothes are my friend again. I find though, that I do not have a style, and I keep trying to watch what others are wearing, whereas I never did before. I still find myself trying to go for muted, in-the-corner, kind of clothes that I used to search for when I was heavier. Black, dark understated stuff, no colors, more flowing, and since color is so much part of what makes me happy, I chose lots of it. Now, I can actually go fitted and that is a good thing. I want to take pictures of the purchases--all on mega-sale, mind you, and with giftcards for Macy's and Kohls-- and post them here. Perhaps next post. Got to get scrapping. Have a great day. Love and hugs, Lara

No comments: